DAV’s SUMMER COURSE 2018
In 2018, the DAV Summer course is themed “Vietnam after war: the rising dragon in the Asian Century” featuring a comprehensive picture of Vietnam, the country that has previously known by the severity of the Vietnam war now has speedily risen and been recognized as a new star in the Asian region by its impressive development and integration achievements. Other topics about ASEAN and big questions of international relations are also in our program.
Are you eligible?
The DAV Summer course is open to all students and professionals from worldwide.
a person who can prove his/her affiliation to a higher education Institution during at least the first semester of the current year is considered a student.
a person engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation is considered a professional.
Values of Summer course at DAV
- Influential policy think tank
The DAV is proud of being one of the leading institutions in the study of international relations, giving advice on foreign policy in Vietnam and the whole region, sustaining relations and cooperation with more than 80 research institutes and world-class universities. At the same time, the DAV is the best training center for current diplomats and high-ranking politicians of Vietnam.
- Highly qualified lecturers
At DAV Summer course, participants are exposed to a variety of highly qualified lectures and speakers who are not only senior professors but also experienced diplomats, ambassadors, high-ranking politicians of Vietnam. Through diversified teaching methods of discussion, debates, presentation, etc., students and professionals will have an opportunity to get knowledge and share their thoughts with influential people in shaping foreign policy of Vietnam.
- Uniquely multidisciplinary perspective:
The program is tailored from various topics ranging from history, politics, laws and economics in an applied focus to match participants’ interests as well as to highlight the theme of 2018 Summer course “Vietnam after war: the rising dragon in the Asian Century”.
- Long-lasting friendship: Students are a part of a diverse group of participants from different countries with a friendly and collegiate atmosphere. Interactive classes and social activities will allow students to explore premises, deepen areas of interest, build up practical experiences as well as enrich professional network.
- Discovering Vietnam Timeless Charm: Being a firm position in the bucket list of many travelers worldwide, Vietnam is one of the most beautiful countries in the Southeast Asia, attracting tourists to their lush mountains, bustling cities and golden sand beaches. Located on the banks of the Red River, Hanoi is one of the most ancient capitals in the world where travellers can find well-preserved colonial buildings, ancient pagodas and unique museums within the city center.
The DAV will suggest accommodation before your arrival. During trips and social activities outside Hanoi, accommodation will be provided by the DAV. (Stilt houses in Moc Chau and hotels in Ha Long Bay)
Cultural and social activities
During the summer course, cultural and social activities will allow students to discover a Vietnam Timeless Charm, a should-not-miss destination in Asia with magnificent scenery, colorful hill tribes, terraced fields, majestic mountains and white sandy beaches.
- A trip to Halong Bay: Located 170 km away from Hanoi capital, Ha Long Bay is a beautiful natural wonder, a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring a surrealistic scenery. This extraordinary area is dotted with 1,600 limestone islands and islets and covers an area of over 1,500 sqkm with a wide rage of biodiversity.
- Moc Chau ethinc trip: Moc Chau is a big plateau in Son La province, located 200km from Hanoi. It is well-known for poetic landscapes with endless grass fields, huge gardens of plum and apricot trees and various flowers, immense tea plantations and large herds of milk cows.
- Other activities: Team sports (badmington, kyaking …), Debating, Ted-talk style, Discovering local culture and foods, Karaoke ….
Tentative program 2018
Prices and date:
Students: USD 990 (for applicants affiliated with a university )
Professionals: USD 1290
Registration Fees excludes:
– Visa Fee
– Travel insurance
How to Apply?
· Step 1: Read applications requirements
· Step 2: Apply by email
· Step 3: Application decision announced
· Step 4: Decide & Accept
· Step 5: Travelling to Hanoi
Which documents to submit?
To apply for 2018 DAV Summer course, you are required to submit following supporting documents:
● An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
● A personal statement explaining your interest in the program (1-2 pages, typewritten, in English)
● A letter of recommendation (in English); (optional)
● Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts (accompanied by a translation in English if necessary);
● If you are a student: a proof of enrolment from your university in 2018;
● If you are a professional: a document certifying your current affiliation;
● A colouredphotograph, in JPG format with a resolution of 110 KB minimum
● A copy of an official identity document with a photograph
What are important dates?
The deadline for submitting your application is
Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision regarding their application. The Selection Committee will base its decision on academic criteria and on the documents submitted along with the application.
Upon receipt of the notification, applicants are encouraged to begin their visa application process immediately (a candidate who has been accepted by the Selection Committee, and who has paid his registration fees or who has been granted a scholarship, is considered as registered to the 2018 Session of DAV Summer course).